The Boro Boost: Enhancing workforce excellence and worker opportunity through a variety of high-value educational assets.
Ogeechee Technical College: Real-world skills and advancement
One of Georgia’s fastest growing technical colleges, where students are transformed into world-class team members through small class size, hands-on instruction and state-of-the-art programming like Amatrol Mechatronics and FANUC robotics training.
- More than 35 degree programs.
- Repeat winner of the Technical College of the Year award from the State of Georgia.
Georgia Southern University (GS): Best and brightest value
A designated Carnegie R/2 High Research institution, routinely ranked a top value on lists like U.S. News, Forbes and Kiplinger’s.
- Enrollment over 20,000.
- 66 undergraduate degrees within 22 fields of study.
- One of only 20 colleges nationwide to offer a Manufacturing Engineering degree.
East Georgia State College-Bulloch: Everywhere from here
A convenient satellite campus offering Associate Degrees transferrable to any four-year institution.
- Collaborative relationship with Georgia Southern provides students with GS student ID cards and access to GS student services and opportunities.
Georgia Southern University-Armstrong: Health professional pipeline
A Savannah campus offering more than 50 majors in areas including science, business, education, public health, fine arts, and humanities.
- The state’s largest producer of undergraduate health professionals.
Georgia Southern University-Liberty: Priming the military pipeline.
A Hinesville campus creating greater opportunities for local students and residents affiliated with Fort Stewart.
- Associate Degrees and coursework applicable to core requirements for more than 100 academic programs.
Savannah College of Art & Design: Sketch pads/Launch pads
A world leader offering more degree programs and specializations than any art and design university in the nation.
- Enrollment of 13,000 from all 50 states and more than 100 countries.
- Repeat winners of the Walt Disney Imagineering Design Contest.
- Named #1 in “America’s Best Architecture and Design Schools” by DesignIntelligence.
Savannah Technical College: Outstanding outreach
Extending comprehensive educational and training opportunity through four campuses and a presence at Fort Stewart.
- More than 70 programs across multiple fields.
- Campuses: Main Campus and Crossroads Campus in Savannah, Effingham Campus, Liberty Campus.
Southeastern Technical College: Certifying workforce excellence.
Assuring the professionalism of the regional workforce on a Vidalia campus and several satellite sites.
- 17 degree programs; 24 diploma programs.
- Nearly 60 different certifications; over a dozen professional licensures.
BULLOCH COUNTY SCHOOLS: Igniting interest, developing talent.
Comprehensive and aligned career programming is an accomplishment. However, filling those aligned programs with inspired students excited and eager to participate is the even higher achievement of the CTAE (Career Technical & Agricultural Education) Steering Committee. This innovative collaboration between Bulloch County schools, County economic development staff, Ogeechee Technical College (OTC) and local industry, has resulted in:
- 75% of high school students career-tracked in 20 different pathways across 3 high schools.
- Newest career track: A new dual enrollment pathway for Manufacturing, Engineering and Technology Assistance, META I and META II, which culminates in certification.
- Manufacturing Day (8th grade), featuring tours of local industries.
- Business and Industry Showcase (9th grade), featuring a prominent manufacturing component.
- Job Shadow Day (10th grade), providing a deeper exploration of local industries as well as hands-on experience in building and creating products.
- College and Career Expo (11th grade), providing a realistic understanding of post-secondary pathways with representatives on hand from local industries and from OTC to explain career opportunities arising from aligned programming. This event also includes promotion of manufacturing internships.
- Career Fair (12th grade), well attended by industry representatives to set up job interviews for graduating seniors.